Sunday, February 5, 2012

"When My World is Shaking..."

There is a little room on the upper floor of our house that used to be Natalie's. It's the smallest bedroom in the house, but she is our youngest, and for about eight years that was the place she called her own.

When Emily married a few years back, Kim moved down to Emily's bigger room, and Natalie moved into Kim's bigger room, and the little room became what Julie calls her cozy sitting room. It has a big over-stuffed reading chair and ottoman that together are so comfortable I sometimes fall asleep there with an open book on my chest. There is also a long narrow Jenny Lind feather-bed dating back to 1800's which is great for naps.

This afternoon, in that little room, Natalie was sitting on the edge of that antique bed playing a song on her sister's guitar. I had never heard the song before, and hearing her voice through the closed door gave it a soft, earnest tone. I listened to the words, I knew why she had decided to learn it while most of the rest of the world had their mind on the Super Bowl. I peeked in and told her how nice it sounded. Then I asked her if I could videotape her singing it. She said "no" of course, but before she went to bed, she showed me this and I uploaded it to Youtube. She just shot it with her lap-top's camera and mike.
(I mention that because the image is reversed. She is not left handed.)




I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands...

Thanks, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive dialogue and encouraging feedback is always welcome. This is a community of friends and Christian parents and educators. You know my name, please identify yourself by name in your comment, so we know who to thank for sharing.